Bugs Love

Friday, September 07, 2007

We're Back

Well, this blog is back in any case. Neither of us went anywhere this Summer. But it was a productive one for me. I had a great time at Chinese Hospital; saw a lot of interesting surgeries, was able to assist and even tie knots. But I saw a lot of difficult and tragic patients, too. On the medicine side, there was a patient with growing dementia and a lone son unable to continue caring for him because he was going off to medical school. Grappling with that family dynamic is so challenging; sometimes a doctor is more than a medical decision maker, he is also a community resource.

My Curriculum Ambassador project for UCSF is now completed, and can be seen at these websites:
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~james/
http://www.cfkeep.org/users/jamesho/

Preparations for Landus are pretty much complete. Just waiting for the star of the show! Who will he look like more...? Today is Yu's last day of work, so she should be able to post a lot more on this blog. *nudge* I have to say, I'm getting pretty excited about the baby. I don't know how it will feel, but I imagine it will be pretty special.

School has come back with a fury -- first test is 9/12. That's only after 11 days of instruction. I've already read an entire textbook on Immunology (it was short, only 230 pages), and nearly the entire syllabus section. On top of studying for Boards, learning Chinese, and finishing up a poster and abstract submission as a Curriculum Ambassador. I've also had fun taking my first sexual history; evidently I'm a good interviewer.

Off to exercise now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home