Bugs Love

Thursday, June 07, 2007

3rd anniversary

For our anniversary, Yu gave me a very touching card; I was only able to give her flowers at first; I wrote a card later. We had talked about getting each other some leather-themed gifts. Being the 3rd anniversary, leather is supposed to signify durability and stability. Ah, speaking of which, my leather belt is looking a little bit shabby. I think it's about three years old... well we didn't end up getting anything. Saving everything for the baby. My dreams of a Ferragamo wallet will have to wait until I am a resident's scutmonkey.

Yu and I played it low-key on our anniversary and decided to go to a French restaurant in the Richmond neighborhood, a place called Clementine (like the little orange). The food was delicious, fresh and inventive. Yu ordered the prix-fixe menu for $25, and it came with a shrimp salad, seafood risotto and warm chocolate cake w/coconut sorbet. I had a spring mixed green salad, rack of lamb and carmelized french toast w/hazelnut ice cream. As we were eating , we thought, no way is this going to be enough food! But we actually left pretty full. I think we found our neighborhood fancy restaurant. Slowly, we're building a list of favorite places to go.

We took a stroll around Clement and came upon a fascinating aquarium store. It's called Sixth Street Aquarium (not very creative, are they?). It was full of exotic fish, and even stingrays, tiny sharks and moray eels. According to their website, they have 13,000 gallons of water. For Dad, he might be interested in knowing about their 100 gallon tank for $100. They had this amazing fish that had paper thin transparent cheeks that would blow in and out, kind of like two jellyfish attached to its head. I thought it was called an oranda, but googling didn't turn up with the right fish. Oh well. The store doesn't allow any pictures, either. I think we'll go back when we have some time. We need to buy a new pot, and will probably do that on the next block over, at Kamei Restaurant Supply (Yu's favorite store).

We finished the evening with a sunset walk in Golden Gate Park, along the rhododendron garden. It was a little bit to the northeast of the de Young. I think in our next journey to the park, we'll try to locate the resident bison. They're supposed to be wandering around Spreckels Lake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home