Bugs Love

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Finished another scholarship application, this time for the Delzone Hypertension essay contest. This will be my last application. They are very tiring to fill out, and I don’t have any confidence in winning anything, even though I gave it my best. I’ve done 3 essay contests and four scholarship apps this year alone, nothing to show for it yet.

Patient presentation regarding stroke recovery today. One of the patients had a pseudobulbar affect, which means sometimes he will break out into tears or laughter and continue to talk as if nothing was really happening. As the patient described it, it’s like clouds rolling by, don’t pay it any mind. That’s pretty hard when he’s already talking about an emotional subject like how hard it is to get your life back after a stroke.

Attended a talk on personal finance, wasn’t very informative. I guess it motivated me to work on the budget.

Played basketball, ran 3.5 miles on treadmill, 600+ calories, plus I walked up the hill. Checked the scale: 213.5. Sort of celebrated by going to Krispy Kreme, In-N-Out and playing some ping pong with Yu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home