Bugs Love

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Countdown: the last days as a "single Mom"

Landus is taking the long-awaited afternoon nap in his bear-hug outfit. I can finally sit on the couch and relax a little bit. Drinking the chrysanthemum tea and eating the almondina cookie from Trader Joe's, I feel life is just treating me well. We were planning to go down to the campus to see Daddy and maybe have the dinner together in the hospital cafe. But as soon as I put some cute outfit on him, he was sleepy. The plan is scrapped, and I am waiting for his next feeding time.

James is studying at school library for his upcoming board exam, which is only five days away. He has been living in his "second home" since early March and only comes home when the library closes.

It's not easy to have an infant to take care while working full time 40 miles away from home. James is not having an easy time either. If I were him, I wouldn't have the patience to study hours and hours, away from my family. I know he is missing us and he would rather spend time with us. But we chose this career and this life path, we have to endure it. I've never seen him this seriously for any academic business. I know he would pass even without any studying. But he is trying the best to get a very good score. He said he was doing this for Landus and he wanted to provide a bright future for our family and our son. I miss him greatly during the daytime, and always count the hours at night for him to come home. In five more days, he will be around a lot. I will enjoy my favorite pastime: watching James play with Landus. Until then, I will continue to play my super single Mom role.

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Sandwich said...

Hi James and Yu. I see you have been too busy to update Bugs Love; indeed, I have been too busy to look at it. But it's pretty quiet here just now as our library has closed to move back to campus, but we actually haven't DONE any moving yet. Just thinking of the three of you, I send you my love! Sandwich...

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Sandwich said...

Yu, I hope you, James and Landus are doing well. I look forward to an update one of these days, and some new photos! Thinking of you...Sandwich!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home